One of the easiest meriendas to prepare. Best served with chocolate dip together with coffee, tea or hot chocolate. I just googled the recipe and put some twist for my kid's taste preference.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter (I used Baker's Best)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional) I omitted it because my kids doesn't like its taste
- lots of vegetable oil for frying
- In a saucepan, combine water, salt, butter and sugar. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add the flour. Mix until well incorporated.
- Remove from heat and place in a mixer using paddle attachment. (low speed)
- Add eggs one at a time. It will look like a paste.
- Put the mixture in a large pastry bag with large star tip or any tip you want.
- Pipe and cut with a knife directly to the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and transfer the fried churros into a plate with paper towel.
- You may toss it to a sugar+cinnamon mixture or just plain granulated sugar.
Serve with chocolate dip (melted chocolate + milk)
So easy! Thanks!