Buko Pie Recipe
- 2 cups buko meat (shredded or scraped)
- 1 cup buko juice
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup milk (I used full cream milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar (or more)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1/3 cup iced cold water
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (no need to add if you are using salted butter)
- Dissolved the cornstarch in buko juice.
- Heat the milk and add the sugar before it boils. mix.
- Add the buko meat and the vanilla extract. cook for about 5 minutes
- Pour the buko juice-cornstarch micture and stir until thick.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Sift the flour together with the salt and sugar.
- Put the butter and cut with pastry mixer or with two knife.
- Add the cold water little by little, mixing in between until it resembles a coarse crumbs.
- Knead a little and form a two ball.
- Roll out and flatten the two balls. (The first one is the base of the crust and the other one is for the top.)
- Spread the flatten the 1st dough into your pie plate and pour in the filling mixture.
- Pour the filling mixture into the crust.
- Flatten the second dough and cut it into 1 inch width and length as the size of the pie. put it on the top and seal the edge. You can brush the top with eggwash.
- Bake until golden brown.
That's it! Happy Baking!